2016 Summer Applied Biotechnology Research Experience
June 13 - August 19, 2016
2015 SABRE participants, from left to right: Michael Devano, Eleni Temeche, Ana Peredo, Meron Asnake, Priscilla Rosila-Mares, and Andres Parra.
The University of California, Santa Barbara Institute for Collaborative Biotechnologies (ICB) is a uniquely interdisciplinary research environment, with a mission of transforming biological inspiration into technological innovation. The ICB Summer Research Internship in Science and Engineering at UCSB brings science and engineering majors from across the U.S. to UCSB for a summer research experience. Interns are partnered with a mentor of similar interest, conduct research in our state-of-the-art laboratories, attend research seminars, receive training in career development skills, and participate in social activities.
- 10-week Summer Research experience
- $4000 Stipend
- Up to $600 for travel
- Housing and Meals provided
- Career Development Workshops
- Seminar Series
- Must be a science, engineering, and/or mathematics undergraduate or masters student enrolled as a junior, senior, or masters student in the Fall 2016
- Have a minimum B average
- Must be from an under-represented group – Blacks/African Americans, Native Americans/Alaskans, Pacific Islanders, and Latinos/Latinas
Application and Details
To apply and learn more, please download the application and other information below.
Previous SABRE Student Projects
For more information: email@example.com.